|Back to OCC's|| The
Spiritualist is a specialized type of practitioner of magic, who uses his abilities to
communicate with different Spirits, and can traverse into the Spirit Realm. The
Spiritualist also usually possesses some minor degree of psionic power, and a deep
awareness of the Spirit Realm.
Spiritualists are usually well respected by most individuals, although foreigners will probably be skeptical of the Spirit Powers of this O.C.C. The power of the Spiritualist lies in the communication between spirits and humans, and therein lies their power, as they are the most adept at communicating with Spirits, and of all the O.C.C.s, they are the people most likely to be approached by spirits during times of crisis.
Spiritualists are most at home in areas where many spirits tread. Ironically enough, this happens to include large gatherings of humans, such as in cities and along riverbanks. Spirits seem drawn to humans and similar d-bees, and thus Spiritualists can found with them.
Special O.C.C. Abilities of the Spiritualist:
1. See And Communicate With Spirits: All Spiritualists can instantly see and recognize all spirits, even those metamorphosized into animal forms, or the Possessing Spirit in a body. They can also understand spirits and can communicate perfectly.
2. Spirit Travel: Spiritualists can also travel into the Spirit Realm, and they are the only occupational character class that is able to do so. The Spirit Realm is similar to the Astral Plane, although there are a few differences. The most striking is that the Spirit Realm is a mirror of Earth, and will always be tied together. There are no Astral Domains in the Spirit Realm, just a ghostly white luminescence, and the Domain of Man is easily visible, but not easily interactable. In fact, there are other Spirits in the Spirit Realm which have not been encountered by Indonesians yet (more will become available of this place at a later date).
3. Impervious to Possession by Spirits (this includes Alien Intelligence Fragments, Possessing Entities, and all types of energy beings).
4. Interact With Spirits: While most spirits are etheral and intangible, the Spiritualist can actually physically interact with a spirit. This includes the ability to engage in combat, as well as teach and take items from the Spirit, and to follow the spirit.
5. Spirit Combat: Spiritualists are +2 to initiative, and +1 to strike, parry, and dodge spirits that they are in combat with. They are also +3 to save against magic and psionics levelled against them by spirits.
6. Spirit Familiar: All Spiritualists have a Spirit Familiar, the Tujul. The Spirit functions exactly like the familiar spell and includes the same limitations, except that the Spiritualist gets the Tujul Familiar at 1st level.
7. Spirit Magic: Select a total of 8 Spirit Spells. Spiritualists can NOT learn Wizard spell magic. They can learn new Spirit Spells as per a Wizard learns Wizard Spells.
8. P.P.E.: The Spiritualist gets 1D6x10+10 P.P.E., +2D6 per level of experience.
9. Psionic Powers: The Spiritualist gets Presence Sense, Astral Projection, and 2 additional sensitive powers of choice. Considered a minor psionic.
10. I.S.P.: The Spiritualist gets 6D6 I.S.P. plus 1D4 I.S.P. per level.
11. Other Bonuses: The Spiritualist is +4 to save against magic
and psionic attacks from spirits, +2 to save against other types of magic and psionic
attacks, +3 to save versus poison/toxins and mind control.